Jack-o-nine: Player Housing
all characters are at least 18
Where the player lives, trains his slaves, prepares his meals and sleeps at night.
When starting a new game your initial house is in the slums, and one of your first actions should be to head to the Real Estate office to get some better housing.
Moving to a new quarter requires a 10 days rent in advance, with a one time agency commission fee.
To gain housing permission for a quarter, you must sell a slave to an NPC within the desired faction to raise your reputation with them. Your choice of housing will affect the Slaver's mood, based on his reputation. If his reputation is low, he'll tolerate cheaper living quarters, but as he gains reputation he'll demand a house more deserving of his stature.
| Agency Comission
|Border of the Fogs**||$0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Quarter of the Outcasts||$50||N/A||$15||$15||$20||$10|
|Quarter of the Bull||$75||$75||$20||$25||$30||$10|
*The Fiend Pen is empty until you have captured a fiend that has burst out of a slave. This kills the slave. **The Border of the Fogs slum has no access to a bathroom, kitchen or extensions, making hygiene & training difficult as well as lowering morale. It's recommended to move ASAP.
There are additional rooms you can rent from the real estate office which allow various actions to be taken.
- Dungeon - Can be used to store an additional slave that isn't being trained. They still must be fed and this will not improve their mood (increases obedience?). Having this also unlocks torturing equipment and allows you to use a hot iron to brand your slaves. Also unlocks Spider and Sea Tentacle sex training (in Jack HF).
- Boudoir - Spare room for your slave to sleep in. Increases her mood.
- Laboratory - Allows you to personally train alchemists and hire a tutor instead of sending the slave off to school, also allows you to brew potions.
- Fiend pit - Lets you capture and milk a feed for cheap slave food. See: Fiend
- Barn (Jack HF) - After modifying slaves at the Medical Center, you can put a Cow (permanent lactation) and a Chicken (oviparity) in your barn, as well as a Pig (just for meat) and a Farmhand (Intellect) to look after them. Also unlocks sex with Pig.
In addition, each section of the home and it's rented extensions interior design can be customised to various styles for a one time fee.