|Release date:||7th March, 2014 (assumed)|
|Theme:||Slave Trainer, Medieval Fantasy|
|HF Discussion:||No HF Thread|
|AS Discussion:||No AS Thread|
|No HF Patch - No Plugin - Jack-o-nine-tails|
Jack-o-nine-tails is a slave trainer simulation game powered by the Quest Soft Player engine. You play as a slave trainer who trains and sells slaves in order to attain wealth and status. The game was developed by Old Huntsman (Старый Охотник). Though it has officially been discontinued by the original developer, the game has known a great amount of community development over the years.
At the intersection between all worlds, surrounded by the mystical Fogs since the dawn of time, stands Eternal Rome; a city of opportunity and loss, and of incredible wealth and equally incredible poverty. Human life is cheap here, but it's still possible to accurately estimate its value. Especially when you're a slaver. It's a dirty business, but one that will net you wealth and power in society. Take on the role of a slaver. Buy girls with varied personalities, or obtain them through unique combat. Make them subordinate to your will. Train and mentor them. And then sell them for a profit. Or take them for yourself. It's up to you. After all, you are their absolute master. You - the Jack-o-nine-tails! (From Old Huntsman's blog post)
- v2.2.2 AnonFiles by ImperatorAugustus (03-30-2022). Bugfixes and balance changes.
- v2.2.3 Development snapshots can be found on GitGud.
- Instructions for the development snapshots:
- 1) There are two "editions" of the game, "complete" (includes loli content) and "no-loli" (does not include loli content). Choose one or the other.
- 2) Download all applicable "Code" and "Media" archives for the edition you want.
- 3) Extract the "Code" archive you picked wherever you want your game to be.
- 4) Open the "Media Base" archive, then extract the "pic" and "snd" folders into "game/content" (create the "content" folder if it doesn't exist).
- After that, if you have downloaded the "Media Patch":
- 5) Open the archive and double-click the folder inside.
- 6) Extract the "pic" folder into "game/content" and select "yes to all" if prompted about overwriting files.
Download links (everything from one line or the other line, do not mix lines):
The development snapshot packages are updated often (Code is updated more often than Media). Check the last update time for each package to see if you have the latest: Code (both editions are updated at the same time) - Media Base - Media Patch
If you are playing with a development snapshot already and want to update to a newer version of Code or Media, download the newer package(s) and extract on top of your existing installation, selecting "yes to all" if prompted about overwriting files. The Code packages are kept separate to minimize download time. You do not need to download Media packages again unless the last update time is newer than the date when you last downloaded them. To continue using existing saved games after updating to a newer version of the Code, the "Ignore version check when loading" option must be enabled in the Game drop-down menu at the top of the game window.
Note: If files are deleted or renamed in the Media packages, extracting and overwriting does not remove files that are no longer supposed to be there. Sometimes such files can cause visual glitches during gameplay, in which case you may need to clear the content folder and re-extract the Media.
Development discussion and bug reports: Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods
- v2.2.1 AnonFiles by ImperatorAugustus, qwertyu12359 and Lokplart (02-07-2022). Lots of new pictures, added threesome pictures, make lesbian scenes detect both slave and assistant appearances, realistic prices for buying an apartment, rebalance training and fighting a bit, lots of bugfixes.
- v2.2 AnonFiles by Qwertyu12359, Lokplart and ImperatorAugustus (21-01-2021). 1000 new pictures, obedience and calorie counter overhaul, clothes visual preview, weapon balancing, new sound effects, etc.
- v2.1 MEGA by Qwertyu12359 and i107760 (2019-12-17). Includes v1.8 improvements. Fully uncensored, 1500 new pictures, 100 new slaves, new soundtrack, countless bugfixes.
- 1.8 patch MEGA by Fugitive Red (2017-06-18). This patch requires a complete 1.7 version from below.
- 1.7.6 patch MEGA by Dark Helmet (2017-08-02). This patch requires a complete 1.7 version from below.
- Hongfire v1.7.5 Magnet by Crushboss (2016-10-03).
- HongFire v1.7.3 (no link) by crushboss (2016-03-05). Last version before slave picture overhaul.
- Original translated v.1.21 GitHub / MEGA.
- v126.96.36.199 Pornolab by Mars & Jinn (2019-02-15). Based on older builds, but adds exclusive quests and content.
- Real porn mod v188.8.131.52 Pornoloab. Lolis are all adult actresses of course.
- Original release v1.21 MediaFire / YandexDisk by Old Huntsman.
- F95zone thread is where most of the latest discussions about this game take place.
- Saves may not be compatible between different versions. However, you may try loading an old save by ticking "ignore version check when loading" in the window, and clicking the "refresh database" icon on the top right corner in-game. (As of 2.2, the "refresh database" happens automatically after you load a saved game so there is no longer a button for it.)
- Information and guides on the wiki were originally written for v1.2.1. The game has substantially changed since this wiki was updated, so much of the information on these pages is inaccurate. The best resource for information about the current version is the in-game tutorial and other help texts throughout the game itself.
Guides (outdated advice, generally not applicable to latest version)
- Tutorial walkthrough | by ImperatorAugustusTertius (2020-12)
- Walkthrough in v2.2, hard difficulty | by ImperatorAugustusTertius (2020-11)
- Make the "Nerd" character a White Town Patrician within 50 Days | by i107760 (2020-02)
- Get a slave at 1 devotion and max Endurance in one day | by Zurrlock (2020-01)
- "Get started" guides | by Hideouz (2019-11)
- Complete felicity's quest (2019-08)
- Jack HF Release Notes (2016-07-14)