Honey Select 2: Technical Help
all characters are at least 18
FAQ & Technical Help
Most commonly asked questions and their answers, search for keywords to find your issue quickly.
If your question is not answered below, check this FAQ for AI-Shoujo for more answers. Honey Select 2 (HS2) is built on top of AI-Shoujo (AIS) and shares a lot of features and code. Because of this most of the FAQs for AI-Shoujo also apply to Honey Select 2.
If you can't seem to fix your issue, visit the #hs2-help channel on the IllusionSoft Discord server (read the pinned messages before ask questions). Note that if you just want to get the game working it might be easiest to install HF Patch (unless you are using repacks).
- Q : Where can I buy the game?
A : The Japanese release is available on DMM. The English Steam release is not available yet.
- Q : How do I Install the game, official updates and DLCs?
A : See the Install Guide.
- Q: Can I run Honey Select 2 in Windows XP?
A: No, Honey Select will only runs on Windows 7 and above due to the use of DirectX 11 graphics API. It also requires a new version of .NET framework and maybe other features which doesn't come with the 10 years old Windows 7, so you'll need to install manually.
- Q : Can I run HS2 on the 32-bit Windows?
A : No, HS2 will only work on the 64-bit version of Windows. If you have a 64-bit processor but are running the 32-bit version of Windows, it is highly recommended you switch to 64-bit Windows.
- Q : Installed my game but it’s not running!
A : Try these workarounds in this specific order:
- Check if your system meets the minimum requirements in the main page of this wiki.
- Move your game files to a short patch. The recommended folder is C:\Illusion\HoneySelect2. Avoid installing in the "desktop" or in "program files" since they can have special access permissions.
- If your Windows is not the Japanese version, install HF Patch. Alternatively you can install just the "base mods" in Installing mods page.
- If you have an old AMD CPU (before Ryzen), remove "lib_burst_generated.dll" from the folders "HoneySelect2_Data/Plugins/" and "HoneySelect2_Data/Plugins/". Don't do that for AMD Ryzen or Intel CPUs.
- If nothing of that helps ask in #hs2-help on the Discord server (read the pinned messages before ask questions).
- Q : Where to download the latest update, dlc, mods and translations?
A : You can use HF Patch. If you want to manually install mods and translations check the Installing mods page.
- Q : I am trying to install the HF patch, but I have a bunch of files. Which of them do I use?
A : None of them. You may have clicked the green button and downloaded the source files and not the actual program. HF Patch is an executable and can be found by following the "Readme, help and download" link on this page here: https://github.com/ManlyMarco/HS2-HF_Patch/releases . Note: Do not Install HF Path if you use any kind of Repack.
- Q : Does Honey Select 2 require the game DVD image to be mounted in order to play?
A: No, Honey Select doesn't requires the game DVD image to be mounted while playing. This is related to the fact that it uses the Unity 3d engine instead of Illusion's own Yayoi engine.
- Q : What engine does HS2 run on?
A : HS2 uses Unity 3D game engine v2018.4.11
- Q : How to change the game resolution or make the game full-screen?
A : Open up the launcher (Initial Settings.exe or InitSetting.exe), there should be a dropdown to change your resolution and an option to run in full-screen. You can also toggle full-screen in-game by pressing Alt+Enter. IMPORTANT: HS2 only supports 16:9 aspect ratio, other proportions may break the UI.
- Q : I'm having a huge frame drop when player cum outside!
A : Change "Semen Display" to "simplified" in settings.
Main Game FAQ
Be sure to check in-game manual! Press F3. (It is in Japanese though if unmodded)
- Q : What are girl cards?
A : Girls cards are special.png images that contains data from the girls to be loaded in the game. With this system you can pick up girls from internet and load on your game. Put Girl's cards in "UserData\chara\female" folder. Note: Cards from AI-Syoujyo also works in Honey Select 2.
- Q : Do Honey Select 1 cards and mods work on Honey Select 2?
A : No, anything from HS1 is compatible with HS2, but AI-Girl cards and scenes are compatible.
- Q : Where can I get more girls cards?
A : If you play the unmodified (vanilla) japanese game go to ネットワーク. If you are playing a modified version (in other language than Japanese or with mods) you cannot use the network option, instead there are many sites that share cards such as Illusion Booru, Kenzato, yuki-portal and more!
- Q : Are the girls human?
A : No, all girls at the hotel are succubus lifeforms that feed themselves by harvesting libido from costumers (citation needed). Literally speaking, they are just space algebraic manipulations coded in the right way to make your computational system display the right pixels at the right time.
- Q : So I have a girl who hates me, but I want her to stop hating on me?
A : Use love positions (missionary is advised) and make her cum without you cum inside her, this should take around 1-2 tries and her feeling will change from hate to love (favor) to you.
Note : This method also applies to slave status. If the slave status still not changing, try cumming together.
- Q : Help! I'm forced to break a girl in order to get my achievement, how could I?
A : I know how you feel, it's truly can't be helped. Use forced position (e.g. forced missionary) and BDSM (spanking etc.) on her repeatedly until the red bar is full, this could happen in multiple runs. You could break a girl in a single run if you use multiple men position (which is undesirable for a man who treasures her girl). If the girl is dependent (lowermost purple bar is full), it is impossible to break a girl.
- Q : My girl is broken, how do I heal her back?
A : Use love positions (e.g. missionary) but having only you cum inside her, the more you cum inside her, the more healed she gets. (May need testing if this can be done in a single run)
- Q : How to change her feeling into a slave?
A : Cum inside her repeatedly (using male-dominant position is advised e.g. Doggy Style) without having her cum.
- Q : What is the fastest way to make a girl dependent on me? (the purple bar)
A : Make sure her H status (the uppermost bar) is maxed, use multiple girl positions with her set as your first girl. (Tested using W Blowjob (Swallow Cum) + Double Intercrural + Double Cowgirl)
Modded Game FAQ
Common questions with modded versions such as HF Patch and BetterRepack. Please check the Mods Section before.
- Q : Update button is missing!
A : Restart initsetting.exe.
- Q : Why are Faces or clothes horrendously distorted?
A : Install BonesFramework from Mods Section.
- Q : Why are player hands passing through the girl?
A : Take off her shoes. Yeah, is that weird...
- Q : Now is the player penis passing through the girl…
A : Go to settings> Plugin Settings> Uncensor Selector> change "Default Male Penis" to "cur pole".
- Q : The game image is too Blurry!
A : Disable "Depth of Field" in settings, then go to Plugin Settings> Better Anti-Aliasing> reduce "Temporal Stability" to 3.
- Q : How to reduce the game's Stuttering?
A : settings> Plugin settings> Graphics Settings> change "VSync" to "Half".
Plugins Related Bugs
Use the Utility KKManager to enable/disable plugins or mods. It’s pretty useful to make a hunt for problematic mods and plugins.
-For plugins issues go to "Plugins" tab> select the problematic plugin> press "Disable"
-For mods issues go to "Sideloader Mods" tab instead
- Q : Help, my cards have an unnatural black skin when loaded!
A : Try these workarounds on this specific order:
- Rreload the same card again.
- Update the game in InitSetting.
- If the problem persists disable the mods "HD Body Skins" and "Nyaacho Bodyskin".
- Q : There are messages of outdated mod in the game, how to update them?
A : Use the updater tool in initsettng.exe.
- Q : How to reduce slowdowns and freezes in chara maker?
A : Disable file browsers mods such as Character Loader and BrowserFolders
- Q : I've enabled GraphicsMod or DHH and my game broke!
A : Disable them!
- Q : What means the "Could not load Text Dump" message?
A : Don't enable TextDump and translations at the same time.
- Q : What is Studio/CharaStudio?
A : Studio/CharaStudio is a separated application from the main game that let you create a totally unrelated scene and get screenshot that you can't achieve in main games. You can pose your characters, create gundams, or whatever limited only to your imagination (and the game engine). Screenshot functionality is the same as the main game. It was added later in game via separated update. To install updates see the Install Guide.
- Q : Where do I place scenes?
A : Userdata\Studio\scene
- Q : Can I replace a character in scene with my character?
A : Yes, Choose the character you want to replace on the Work window on the right, and then choose the character you want as replacement on Add>Girl or Boy, and click Change Character
- Q : How do I make character dance/moving?
A : You can load a stock animation provided with the game by selecting the character first, go to Anim>Animations, and select one of them.
- Q : How do I create custom poses?
A : Choose the character first, and then you can turn on one of the two methods available on Anim>Kinematics>Forward Kinematic (FK) or Inverse Kinematics (IK). You'll see adjustable bone point and start working from there. IK is easier to control, but FK can get a better detailed result. you can work on both of them by using the Copy to FK/IK menu. You can instantly copy poses from current animation loaded with Animation Reference menu.
- Q : The scenes only contains items? Can I add that to my current scene?
A : Use Import Button menu instead of Load while loading scenes. It will add all object of chosen scene to the current work.
- Q : The scenes I loaded is static!
A : Most of them are, main studio purpose is to take screenshot. Only a few scenes are animated and it will need a lot more advanced skills to create one.
- Q : Is there any way to get characters out of scenes?
A : Yes, use the AI_CharacterExport plugin.
- Q : What is System Console (also activate system console in some launchers)?
A : Activate Console enables debug console that opens in a separate window. It's useful for troubleshooting issues with your game and it's always a good idea to have it turned on.