Musumakeup: Technical Help
If you have problems installing or running the game, this is what you should read.
- Q: What are all the files included in the torrent?
A: You only need to worry about these three items besides main game:
- (18禁ゲーム)[ILLUSION]むすメイク mm99_00_01 (maybe a fix/patch)
- (18禁ゲーム)[ILLUSION]むすメイク 予約特典 「JKコスプレセット」 (School girl pack)
- (18禁ゲーム)[ILLUSION]むすメイク 追加データ Vol.1 (DLC 1. Already included in the HF patch)
- Q: When I run the setup I get an error with unreadable text preceded by '1155:' (see picture "Run with Japanese locale", on the right). Anyone know how to fix this?
A: This is a Japanese game and you have to run the setup with Japanese regional settings to install it. Follow the quick step-by-step guide below to install the game.
- Q: How do I install the DLC? FileCopy.exe show an error message in Japanese and fails. Anyone know how to fix this?
A: Just copy the files from むすメイク 追加データVol.1\setup\ to your game folder (yes to overwrite).
Running the game
- Q: I don't have the MegaPaipai breast slider! What's up with that?
A: You need to install the first DLC, called "むすメイク 追加データVol.1" (Musumakeup Additional Data Vol.1). It contains the Mega Paipai slider, the NippleType selector, new skin colors and various maps and costumes. It's included in the HF Patch.
- Q: How to get the game in English and uncensored?
A: You can find a patch (in progress) here.
- Q: I get an error when running the game: "Config file is not found (Data)". What can I do?
A: You have this problem because you installed the game to the default or an invalid location. Read how to install the game properly under Installing the game. Alternatively you can use the Registry Fixer to fix the install location and registry. Read more about how to use the Registry Fixer and where to get it here. Alternatively, you can run the game with Japanese locale (AppLocale).
- Q: Game worked, but now it stopped working (crashing)? I didn't make any changes to it.
A: This is known to happen (rare) and can be caused by other applications running. Try closing any open applications (browser etc.) and try again. If that doesn't help, try restarting Windows and then try running the game again.
Note: fix confirmed working by closing all explorer and browser windows then reopening them.
Installing the game
A Japanese game is not meant to run on non-Japanese Windows. To get it to work you have to do some tricks: Click here to learn how to install and run the game.
Quick step-by-step guide
- Extract the ISO file to an English named folder, e.g. C:\Downloads\musu
- Mount C:\Downloads\musu\むすメイク.iso with Daemontools Lite (other mounting software has been known to fail with Japanese games, so please use Daemontools Lite! - it's completely free)
- DO NOT autorun, but explore the mounted dvd and right-click Startup.exe and select Run with Japanese locale as administrator (you need HF pApploc for the right-click options).
- Refer to Startup.exe picture on the right: If you can click the top button it means you have to install DirectX 9.0c. Your game will not work if you ignore it!
- Click the second button from the top (ref. Startup.exe picture) to start the setup.
- Click the button with (N) once.
- IMPORTANT: Change the destination to e.g. C:\illusion\musumakeup if you want to be able to play the game! (see picture on the right)
- Click (N) again a few times and wait while Musumakeup installs.
- Click the (F) button to close the setup when the installation is complete.
- To run the game you need to keep むすメイク.iso mounted and right-click C:\illusion\musumakeup\むすメイク.exe and select Run with Japanese locale.