RyonaRPG → Technical Help
about cockroaches car race
I found that the game need MP for ammo, you can't fire if your MP is zero. For the second part i am not sure you need to kill a number of cockroaches or it will just end when time is up, like first part, you can shoot and kill those cockroaches easily.
If you have lots of HP and MP potions you can keep healing and never worry about the ammo. Also we should note that player should not open the chest after the game, that is a trap (like cockroaches house ? lol)
Some player might not know how auto healing works (the item needed to use this function) please provide more details about that item if possible, thanks. --CDRW 19:05, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Core version: 150 (2021-07-13)
Could somebody add where you get the bee suit or the item number? RosettaStone 21:39, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
it's the 幻獣の毛皮 (Mythical Beast's Fur) strangely enough,since nakoruru has the neko picture...guess it's temporary? also for the dog costume: 862: female dog trainer collar 863: female dog's tail and ears 864: hypnotic drug release oh,just found the other one,to get the parasitic/possessed/whatever,in the first city,at night,there is a shady black-coated man walking near the church,talk to him and choose the first option. that's all i know though
First version of a small guide to run RyonaRPG without problems.
This is a small guide for running games that need a japanese locale and are a bit older e.g. games for RPG Maker 2000. There are often errors when just installing the RPG Maker 2000 RTP in modern unicode-based systems.
There are applications that switch locale, but older games have problems running on unicodesystems.
I tried LocaleEMU on Win10 with mixed success, and also WINE on Linux with mixed success. Both failed on occasions. There is just one really clean solution, which allow me to run RPG Maker 2000 games without any problems.
This is a step by step guide for setting up such an environment.
1) Download Oracle VirtualBox from https://www.virtualbox.org/ and install it.
2) Download the japanese windows xp mode from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/ja-JP/download/details.aspx?id=8002. (Select japanese language and click on "ダウンロード". Do NOT install.
3) The WindowsXPMode_ja-jp.exe is a self extracting installer. We extract it by hand because we only need one file from it. Extract it using e.g. 7zip. It will extract a drectory called "xpm". There is a file in there called VirtualXPVHD.vhd. Copy it to someplace where you can find it.
4) Start VirtualBox and add a new Virtual Machine. Give it a descriptive name. Type is Microsoft Windows. As Version use "Windows XP (32-bit)". Click next.
5) The memory size depends on your RAM. Maximum is 4 GB (because it's 32 bit). Use 3 GB when you have 6 GB or more in your machine. Why not the full 4 GB? Because RAM + VRAM must not exceed 4 GB.
6) Now select "Use an existing virtual hard disk file" and select the VirtualXPVHD.vhd file.
7) In VirtualBox's main windows select your virtual machine and click on start. Win XP boots up as if freshley installed. Finish the remaining steps for installation (like passwords, region, etc.) and you have a fully working japanese windows xp.
8) If running the VM and you select "Insert Guest Additions CD Image" it will add a virtual CD to your Windows XP with useful stuff. After that you can e.g. create "shared folders" where you can share files between your main OS and the Windows XP guest os.
9) Add a shared folder by selecing "Devices -> Shared Folders -> Shared Folders Settings". Create a directory in your main OS. Click the little "folder+" icon on the right side of the "shared folders" dialogue. Select the directory's path in "Folder Path" and give it a descriptive name in "Folder Name". Use "Make Permanent" and "Auto-mount", deselect read-only if you want to share files in both directions.
10) For RPGMaker 2000 move RPG2000RTP.exe into the shared folder. Switch to your virtual machine, go to she shared folder and install it. It should install flawlessly to your virtual japanese Win XP.
11) Get your RPGMaker 2k Game, enjoy! Works perfectly for me on both Linux and Win10.
12) You should activate Win XP. Either by a legit key or find one of the many instructions with the help of Google.