Illusion Games How to use Registry Fixer
all characters are at least 18
General [ ]
This page is about the Registry Fixer by TheShadow. If you installed game to the default or an invalid location by mistake, you can make your game playable by using this utility.
Where to get it?
Visit this post to get it.
What is it?
The Registry Fixer can save you the trouble of uninstalling and installing again to a proper location (or alternatively manually renaming the folder and using Regedit and change e.g. HKCU\Software\illusion\SchoolMate2\INSTALLDIR accordingly).
How to use it
- Download the Registry Fixer and extract it somewhere.
- Read the readme.txt.
- Run it and select the game in the dropdown list.
- Click on the English button.
- Choose the game path.
- You will be asked if you want to launch the launcher - click No.
When not to use it
There is no magic to the Registry Fixer and it doesn't magically fix things. If you installed the game correctly and the game doesn't work, using the Registry Fixer won't help. Instead you should update your video drivers and check the FAQ if it still doesn't work.
If you use the Registry Fixer you will no longer be able to uninstall the game normally. If you try to remove it via Add/Remove Programs (Uninstall a program on win7) you will get an error.
Registry Fixer FAQ
- Q: I get an error when I run the Registry Fixer: "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)". What can I do?
A: You must install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to use the Registry Fixer.