Way": Max Walkthrough
all characters are at least 18
Just a bare-bones list of details on each available area's types and difficulties, including info on when events trigger an update. The areas will be listed clockwise from the top.
All 5+ star Hunt areas will have a random Combat encounter. Win or lose, the Hunt area will drop to 4 star or less for the rest of the chapter, even if the area switches to Search. The only exception to this is when a Boss or Enemy occupies the area, which will set a new star rating before and after their encounter.
Before questing, try to cook meals that restore 7 Life each (see hints below for ways to optimize cooking.) If you have the ingredients to waste, it may be worthwhile to exit the quest and retry for the best results. Every Hunt/Search/Combat attempt requires 1 Life, so maximizing available Life for a Max Karma run is necessary.
Tips for Max Karma
- You shouldn't consider any charm with less than +5 Life. There hasn't been any confirmed benefits for amounts over that; there might be, but I wouldn't recommend trading away other valuable stats for excess Life.
- Your Questing charm doesn't have to be optimized for Harem and Heroes, as the only useful Enchants on Quests are Cooking. Whether that really needs to be maximized depends on the Cooking ability of the Camp XO you prefer and the quality of your food ingredients.
- The higher Hunt and Search ability, the less your graveyard build needs to compensate for the difficulty levels, so you can select spirits based on other abilities, especially Combat support. Most of the quests have a higher Karma yield in Search areas first, so that's a little more valuable, but most Combats take place in Hunt areas, so you should be able to handle their difficulty until you find a bounty.
- Combat capability isn't as high priority; +Attack/Def and good weapons are helpful (and sexy!) but you'll always need more. The less Karma you have to invest on early Karma-farming, the more Karma you can spend putting together a good army.
Camp XO: These provide many benefits aside from Cooking, stat boosts and unrevealed bonuses. In the Epilogue your only choice is Maud, but through the Gate of Winter any Heroine who holds the Top Score in the Harem will be Camp XO on distant missions. If there are no scores in the Harem, Haine will be selected by default. You may wish to keep her a virgin, as virgin White Witches provide considerably greater benefits (+50 Fortune, [Enlight] attribute.)
- Some Heroine Classes provide much useful support, but aren't very good cooks, such as Crystal Gazer and Bookworm. For these you would want to keep high quality ingredients, Blessed Sheep with the maximum Cooking bonus, and a charm loaded with Cooking-oriented enchants.
- Dedicated Cooks, like the 3-star and 5-star Chefs and Patisserie, have culinary skill almost too good for the field, but not many other benefits. But if you need to use food stock sparingly, or don't have any to spare at all, they can make great meals from practically nothing.
- Many knowledge-based (Scholar and Ortlinde,) magic-based (Blood Mage and Fairy Ring) and combat-based (Shieldmaiden and Iris' Guardian) Heroine classes provide Search/Hunt/Combat bonuses and also have good Cooking skills.
- Unfortunately Heroes aren't permitted to cook. Then we would rule the world!
- Sheep, preferably Blessed and +10 to Cooking, but no more than 1 row of them. If you need more Cooking, it's better to have that compacted into a charm and XO than to gobble more inventory space that could be catching better charms and scrolls of Blessing and Enchantment.
- Scrolls of Identify and Scrolls of Remove Curse are both useful and disposable; Identify to find out if you have caught something worth keeping, and Remove Curse if you wish to blind-test items to conserve Identify.
- Other scrolls useful for Quests, Fortune and Accuracy, should be read as soon as they're found. Elemental scrolls are good for summoning Shadow Heroes, but that should be done in a different Quest run than a Max Karma run.