VH → Rescue Ashley
From Hgames Wiki
- Location: Hot Spring Town
- Quest Start: Guild Master
- Gold Reward: 5000G
- EXP Reward: 300EXP
- Available for Nanako after completing Bandit's Hideout and Merchant Escort/Goblin Queen Subjugation. Automatically unlocked when speaking with the Guild Master after completing two nights of Nameless Stance training.
- Note: To get the second night Nameless Stance training, you need to have Erika in the party, then sleep at the Inn (doesn't matter if it's after doing a quest). That will set the variable 0556: 盗賊団フラグ to 40, which is the trigger for the conversation with the Guild Master (in FatalMix mode, you can set that variable in the editor by pressing "F9").
- Warning: Hot Spring Town guild quests will no longer be available once this quest is initiated.
- Note: See Common Issues if you can't initiate this quest despite fulfilling the above requirements.
- Note: There is a VH Heart on the roof of the guardroom which you pass by on the way north. It's reachable if you manage to jump down from the cliff above. To go there, continue east from the place where you encounter the bandit leader the first time during the course of the quest.
- Once the requirements have been met, a man will rush into the room when Nanako speaks with the Guild Master.
- Afterwards the local adventurers will prepare for battle.
- Once prepared, tell the Guild Master you're ready, he will give Nanako a Flame Seal Pendant.
- Recruit Benetta and Erika.
- Keep heading north, eventually you will run into a rock cliff with a grass path to the west and stone steps leading north. Take the steps.
- Continue north. Enter the large door and cross the bridge.
- Cross the wooden brides, follow the path to the west rather than going up the stone steps.
- At the very end of the ridge you can hop down onto the lower area.
- Take the east path town into the grass, then once on the grass head southwest until you pass under a wooden bridge and exit the area.
- You'll know you're in the right place if Erika and Benetta start talking about Benetta's reproductive capabilities. Jump into the hold.
- This spot is notorious for glitching up the game, so save before jumping into the hole.
- If Nanako freezes, try running the game without FatalMix then entering the hole again.
- If that still doesn't work, use the FatalMix command for noclip (F key) and fly over the water heading to the west then touch down once you've reached the ridge on the other side.
- After Nanako slides down the hill, cross the river by jumping onto the stones then climb up through the hole on the other side.
- Follow the path southeast, there will be a short bit of dialog if you're going the right way.
- Eventually you'll encounter the bandit leader and begin fighting. Benetta is knocked out.
- He's invincible, but that's scripted.
- Once Nanako's health is low enough she will learn Nameless Stance. Erika is knocked out.
- It's probably a good idea to heal now.
- Use Nameless Stance's charge up ability to damage the boss.
- After Nanako beats the shit out of him a small cutscene begins where Ashley is rescued and the boss reveals his name to be Vessel and then escapes.
- Nanako succumbs to her injuries, passes out, then wakes up in the guild infirmary where Erika explains what happened.
- A week passes and Nanako recovers, go upstairs and speak with the Guild Master.
- Benetta survived and is in one of the beds if you wish to speak with her.
- It's now possible to enter the small room in the infirmary to grab the VH Heart.
- The Guild Master details Ashley's state, she'll get better, and talks about how the bandits raided the town and Serena saved the day.
- Nanako is rewarded, she's also given a Free Pass.
- Erika decides to stay behind and wait for Ashley to heal up.
- Nanako may now head to the Capital for free via horse-train.
- Riding the horse-train to the capital will trigger a scene similar to the prologue.
- It's still possible to fall off the train and lose everything.