Hi, welcome to HGames Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User talk:TF page.
If you need help, and there are no local admins here, you may want to visit the forums on the Community Central Wiki. Looking for live help? Then join us for an upcoming webinar to chat with staff and other Wikia editors. You can also check our Staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia.
Content and ToU
I know this wiki has been here a long time, but the topic is one where full information requires far more explicit detail that is allowed here. Lolicon and rape porn are the biggest issue of course, but other explicit content is also a problem. I'm afraid we are going to have to ask you to find another host off Wikia for the wiki. We can give you a copy of the article database, just let me know when you are ready for that.
- Hi Sannse, to be honest I was dumbfounded when I read your message. We have almost just finished moving all the articles from scratchpad because we were told that the adult themed content would require it's own wiki. The Wikia team has been extremely helpful and even helped us export images. You can read the entire discussion between me and SpikeToronto on my talk page. If you investigate the history of this wiki you would see that it has been dormant for many years and Spike and I just decided to move all the articles here. :)
- Regarding your terms, we would be more than willing to bring any articles within the rules! I can't think of any article that have any obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive [or] profane content. If it is indeed there, it is there by mistake and we wouldn't mind editing it out. :)
- Thank you in advance for any time that you take to investigate the history of this wiki and the articles herein. Inquisitor (talk) 16:40, November 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. As you probably can imagine we're quite anxious to know what you decide. btw, this "copy of the article database" that you can give us - would that include the images? Inquisitor 07:11, December 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I really timed this badly I'm afraid, approaching the Holiday things are hectic, and that's meant that I haven't given you the attention this (and you) deserve.
- So it seems that one part of this, is that Jen (who asked for the move from Scratchpad) hadn't seen all the pages in detail. It was after it was shown to me that we really saw the problems
- I think a good example of an article that goes outside our acceptable content limits is Artificial Academy H Guide. This is a well written article, but way too explicit. The article talks about many sex acts, and has explicit sections about game play. (It also has an image that is outside the ToU, but I see that's not a general problem on this wiki). Other pages have the same sort of explicitness, and I'm not sure how you can effectively write about these games without it. In order to have gameplay and walkthroughs of these games about sex, you are going to have to describe that sex!
- Loli is more tricky. I understand that "officially" characters are over 18, however the implication is of children and the "official" age can be seen as a mask to distract from the paraphilia. We may accept non-sexual child-like characters, but the more explicit it gets, the less we can allow it.
- So overall, the concern is that there is a lot of problem content here, and that there isn't a way for you to effectively build the wiki without that content.
- The dumps that we have are text only. We can't give out the user database for privacy reasons of course, and we can't give out the image database for copyright reasons (it's complicated, but basically it would make us a provider of the images, rather than a host). However, I know there are ways to copy the images, I've seen other wikis do it.
- I have personally edited explicit images and words out on several occasions because I knew they would be problematic, but I have always viewed the guides as game guides and not in violation unless there were explicit words or images. I can't help wonder what kind of content the "over 18 to view this wiki" warning is intended for (you get it when visiting this wiki if you are not logged in/below 18). Oh well, I guess it can't be helped and I don't want to argue. :) Please give us some time to get a new host up. The text dumps sound to me like what we can do ourselves with Special:Export, so we will just do that. We're sorry to have to leave Wikia after so many years of Wikia providing an excellent service. Inquisitor (talk) 21:53, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- As I said above, we aren't able to provide copies of the images for legal reasons. You may be able to find scripts out there for copying and uploading images, or possibly can find help on MediaWiki's site (I found this, but I'm not sure it's what you need). You could also try going to the unofficial IRC channel at ##wikia on freenode, there might be someone there who can help
- I'm sorry about this annoying limitation... it's outside our control I'm afraid -- sannse <staff /> (help forum | blog) 17:43, December 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah yes, I see. I will see if we can get them out with the help of the page you linked and let you know within a couple of days! Inquisitor (talk) 10:24, December 18, 2013 (UTC)
just translating the japanease wiki for 3d custiom girl evoulution
XD the english one is so out dated