RyonaRPG → Locations → Bandit Forest
Core version: 140 (2018-10-26)
The Bandit Forest (野盗の森) is a difficulty ★★ dungeon in the Eastern Continent. True to its name it is infested with various robbers and thieves that have made this forest home. It is unlocked by first unlocking both the Treasury in Suburbs and Cave of Flesh-eating Ghosts and then talking to the man with purple bandana in Capital Avalon's pub. He will send you on a quest to investigate the depths of the forest.
- This dungeon has mostly human enemies and a number of reptiles.
- Common status ailments are Poison, Paralysis, and Fallen.
- Thieves will use their Plunder skill to steal potions, gold, and even potentially your main armor; avoid equipping your best armor for this dungeon. Alternatively, a high level mage with area of effect spells can clear areas completely to make it safer to travel.
- This dungeons has a unique system that shows most items gained or lost by small floating icons.
- You cannot save in this dungeons except at three specific points.
- The character Flora will gain more from treasure chests in this dungeon.
Scout the Bandit Forest - Assigned by the man with purple bandanna in Capital Avalon's pub. You need to explore the depths of the Bandit Forest and report back to him. Upon doing so he will reward you with a sum of gold dependent on the number of Bandit Scalps you obtain from dropped treasure chests. Leave the pub and return to him in order to transform this dungeon into the Demon Forest.
The outer regions of the forest are relatively tame; there are less trees about and enemies are mostly snakes and spitting frogs. This region and the rest of the dungeon is entirely linear.
The forest canopy will gradually grow denser as you venture into the forest. To easily make your way through the later sections you can either wear Silver-Rimmed Glasses or note the positions of the white flowers on the ground; these will point you generally towards the next open area.
Enemies will consist entirely of thieves and bandits and will be increasingly harder to avoid as visibility decreases. The thieves will occasionally throw daggers which may be parried with proper timing. Some bandits will wear different clothing; these are tougher foes with increased health.
There are chests with some gold and potions in secluded areas of the forest but given the probability of thieves robbing them from you the material gain from this region will be negligible.
This small area consists of one save point and a small white flower filled clearing to its east. Going north from the clearing twice (the map will loop) will complete the scouting quest; afterwards either teleport out or make your way back through the forest.
If you are tackled by the bandits while in the Fallen state, you will trigger an event. This event will be automatically avoided if you are wearing certain armor such as various types of rubber suits, Hard Rock Armor, or Invasion Suit. Finishing the event may cause a game over.