PlayHome: Technical Help
all characters are at least 18
FAQ & Technical Help
Installing the Game
- What is the installation order to have a fully updated game?
*Updates must be applied in the proper order. If you are not installing the game from scratch first read the section on Updating an Existing Game
* bold items are required files not obtainable from the Pastebin. Also please refrain from asking for these file on the unofficial Discord. If you would like assistance about these files you can message the owner of the Pastebin on the Discord
* intalicized items are optional bonus clothing and not necessary for running the game. They can be applied at any time. These files are also not obtainable from the Pastebin
Read the above notes before proceeding.
- base game
- phome_souki (bonus clothing)
- phome_yoyaku_ol (bonus clothing)
- playhome_02_plus_1020ans_all (base game update compilation)(brings game to v1.3)
- PlayHomeadd (add on disk)(brings game to v1.4)
- phome_ex_yoyaku_ca (bonus clothing)
- phomeex_mo (bonus clothing)
- phomeex_01_plus_0223 (add on disk update compilation)
- phome_ex_studio (studio base)
- How do you apply updates?
Run the executable and choose a location to extract the files. Do not choose the location of your PlayHome installation.
Ignore the FileCopy application
Look at the extracted files and copy them over to your PlayHome installation ensuring the files match up. (abdata, PlayHome64bit.exe, ect...)
Updating an Existing Game
So you probably obtained a repack of the game that already has updates applied and you're not sure if your game is fully updated. If the game reports a version below 1.4 then ignore this section (you'll need every update). If your game is version 1.4 then all you need is phomeex_01_plus_0223 for the main game. If your game already has a version of studio installed then grab ALL 6 of the studio updates and apply them in the proper order. If you are missing studio from the start you'll need to apply studio base first.
Disclaimer: As with any repack you are trusting that the creator of said repack has properly applied updates to the game.
Common issues and questions
- Q: Game does not work / models not showing up!
A: The game was most likely installed incorrectly or updates were applied in the wrong order. See above for installation procedures. Just a reminder, not all the updates can be found on the pastebin. You'll need to obtain the base game, add on disk, and studio base yourself. If the game runs fine without mods then the issue is with a mod.
- Q: I get a black screen after installing an uncensor!
A: Make sure your game is fully up to date and use the uncensor provided on the pastebin.
- Q: Uncensor looks weird in half off state
A: Clothing tops have a built in body model. If the uncensor is not built into the top itself you'll get a flat texture. The majority of clothing top mods will have this issue. Nothing you can do aside from removing the top.
- Q: Baisanfe hair are transparent!
A: Potential fix: Install IBL (image based lighting mod) and set reflection intensity to 0 in the lighting tab. Experimental features must be disabled.
- Q: Studio is in Japanses after loading an IBL scene
A: In Plugins/UITranslation/PlayHomeStudio/Text rename Studio.1.txt to something like global.txt
- Q: HS_Animation mod says it can't find Honey Select installation
A: Open modprefs.ini in the UserData folder and enter in the path to where you have Honey Select installed in the field HoneySelectFolder=
- Q: How can I take high res screenshots? / HomeShot isn't working / How can I take screenshots with a transparent background
A: Use PlayShot. It handles all these cases and HomeShot has some compatability issues with other mods.
- Q: A mod has a black spot with a bright white flare at certain angles
A: This a problem with the mod. You can turn of bloom to remove the white flare but otherwise there is no fix.
- Q: I can't click the icon to access the skintexmod menu
A: There an option in the game's config to fix the mouse when dragging. Make sure it's turned off.
- Q: My game has low quality/resolution
A: Launch the game using InitSetting with the proper quality and resolution you want to use. See InitSetting
- Q: Where can I get this amazing magical Inspector mod I see from a video on YouTube
A: Just enjoy the pretty effects. This mod has not been made public.
- Q: What is this pastebin I keep hearing about?
A: Pastebin Link It's a collection of mods, updates, and useful links managed by a single person with the help of the fan community.
- Q: I have some other question
A: Drop by the unofficial discord. Link can be found in the pastebin. We'll be happy to assist you.
Running The Game
- Q: Can I run PlayHome in Windows XP?
A: No, PlayHome will only runs on Windows 7 and above due to the use of DirectX 11 graphics API.
- Q: Is PlayHome requires the game DVD image to be mounted in order to play?
A: No, PlayHome doesn't requires the game DVD image to be mounted while playing. This is related to the fact that it uses the Unity 3d engine instead of Illusion's own Yayoi engine.
- Q: Can I run PlayHome on the 64-bit Windows OS?
A: Yes, on the 64-bit version of Windows, you can run either the 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the game. However, running 64-bit version of the game is recommend if you have 64-bit version of Windows OS installed on your PC.
- Q: Will PlayHome ever run on Windows 10?
A: Yes, it can run on Windows 10, without any locale emulator at all. However, installing the game still requires the use locale emulator and since Applocale and HF Applocale are no longer work on Windows 10 as Microsoft had rewritten the locale/region system, users are advised to use either NTLEA or Locale Emulator for installing the game.
- Q: How to change Resolutions?
- A: Open up the launcher (InitSetting.exe), there should be a scrollbox to change your resolution.
- Q: Does it supports lower than 1280x720?
- A: Yes, as long as your Graphics Card supports widescreen with a lower resoulution (e.g. 640x400) otherwise you will have to opt into windowed mode. To Enable windowed mode, uncheck the box just below the resolution scrollbox.
- Q: I can't seem to get out from the "resistance" state, how to get out of it? make the girls love doing it with me?"
- A: Grind your way to make each girl compatible with each of their stats (Vaginal, Anal, Horny, Mouth, Semen), eventually, you will get an event triggered to change your "resistance" state into "level change" state.
- Q: How to increase "Horny" stat? Sometimes I'm able to increase it, what exactly the thing to increase it?
- A: For Horny state, often asks for her feelings (How are you feelings?) to increase the girl's horny stat.