This is FAQ (frequently asked questions) about Teatime's game LoveGear ~Kinematic Lovers~.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties like game crashes please check out the Technical help.
If your question has not been answered in this FAQ feel free to ask in the LoveGear Discussion Thread.
- What is this game about?
- There are two parts: play and make.
- Maker is considered main point of this game. It allows you to highly customize characters by changing body proportions, model mesh, importing custom items and creating custom animations (all within the maker).
- Play features a limited story mode and is mainly geared towards free mode. There is little real gameplay as the main point of the game is to create characters and pose/h them.
- What is the FPS performance compared to previous games?
- It is much better than in older games. Getting over 30FPS is very easy even on high settings.
- Language of the game?
- As most of the Japanese games there is no official translation. You can't even buy it from outside of Japan unless someone sends it to you. That said there are fan-made translations which usually translate those games to at least playable level. To get those check 1st post of game thread.
- Is this game censored?
- Yes, Japanese law requires all merchandise to be censored so usually artists just skip those "dangerous" parts altogether and cover it in mosaic. Games officially released outside of Japan are uncensored, but thats very rare. Fans almost never uncensor 2d games but 3d games usually do get uncensored after some amount of time. Check discussion thread for progress.
- How do I get this game?
- It is hard to get a boxed game if you didn't buy things from Japan before. You can look for a dvd image on Google.
- Do I need to do anything special to install it?
- Yes, those games are meant to be released only on Japanese market and require some effort to run on non-Japanese windows. Follow those steps to successfully install Japanese games:
- On XP make sure you have Japanese fonts installed. To do that go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages tab. Make sure both options are checked. Insert Windows CD if asked.
- Install either pApplocale or Microsoft Applocale. pApplocale is preferred, get it here.
- Run installer/game/application with Japanese locale.
- Keep in mind this game requires some special treatment to install, check "Installer throws missing/corrupted file errors" question in technical section below.
- Can I get a tutorial on how to install?
- Here you go. Keep in mind you will have to extract dvd image and get rid of Japanese names for it to work!
- Is there an easy way to get all nessesary mods (translations, uncensor)?
- Yes! Look for a HF Patch in first post of the discussion thread!
- How to add more characters?
- Go to shrine map and enter circle in the middle. A character selection screen will pop up, choose one and click load.
- You may need to get a modified launcher in order to add higher numbers of custom characters.
- How to change the camera?
- You can select camera mode by clicking on the camera button located on top right.
- You can increase fov by going to Options>General screen.
- Girls glow / are too dark.
- This is a graphical bug. Go to Options>Graphic and disable bloom or all of the post processing effects.
- Cant get past 1st scene in story mode.
- First you have to kiss, after a few interruptions check if touching anything else raises the arousal bar. The bar may reset out of nowhere and she will tell you to be more gentle, just try again and the unzip option will eventually appear.
- Alternatively you can grab a mod that prevents the arousal bar from dropping. It's called Scenario Fix and you can find it in first post of the game's discussion thread.
- Are there any 3P H scenes?
- No, they got removed from the game.
- You can still create scenes with multiple girls but it requires much more work. You have to create a custom animation for each of the girls and later position them correctly in the game. This way you will interact only with one of the girls but with good animations it might look quite good.
- When trying to save/load characters game crashes.
- Update to latest patch and make sure there are no character files with bad filenames. (they are in save/allpack)
- How to get rid of character maker's background for photoshop?
- Read this post.
- How to change names?
- To type stuff in you need the input mode (IME) to be in Japanese. To do this:
- Go to Regional and language options>Languages>Details and click Add.
- Select Japanese as input language and IME standard as keyboard.
- Click Language Bar and make it show on your desktop.
- Enter the game, click the bar to change language to Japanese and type stuff in. Make sure input mode is set to alphanumeric!
- Remember you have to press enter to accept text input!
- How to load custom characters?
- There are three ways to do this:
- In the editor look for a load from tamzone option. Characters will be displayed as thumbnails, to load them after downloading go to load character menu and look for them on the list.
- Drag files you got from tamzone onto the game window and use load menu to open them.
- Move files from tamzone to the save floder in game's directory. Make sure you place it in a proper folder (full characters go to allpack folder).
- Installer throws missing/corrupted file errors.
- You have to extract your game disc image. You can do this by using 7zip.
- After you extracted those files change name of a folder with Japanese signs to something english and move it to root of your drive (e.g. "d:\lovegear").
- Go into that folder and rename .msi to english as well. After renaming run it to install the game.
- Missing DLL errors (e.g. cv100.dll)
- If you are using HF Patch make sure it's installed to the same folder as the game!
- If you are using English launcher make sure it's in the same folder as the game!
- Check technical help on this wiki, look for a point that tell you to install and update stuff.
- Crash during first H scene / random crashes.
- Update game to latest version (you can do that by getting HF Patch). Reinstall HF Patch if you already have it installed.
- I have some other problem.
- Check the Technical help page on this wiki.