Jack-o-nine: Player Housing
Where the player lives, trains his slaves, prepares his meals and sleeps at night.
When starting a new game your initial house is in the slums, and one of your first actions should be to head to the Real Estate office to get some better housing.
Moving to a new quarter requires a 10 days rent in advance, with a one time agency commission fee.
To gain housing permission for a quarter, you must sell a slave to an NPC within the desired faction to raise your reputation with them. Your choice of housing will affect the Slaver's mood, based on his reputation. If his reputation is low, he'll tolerate cheaper living quarters, but as he gains reputation he'll demand a house more deserving of his stature.
Rent prices are halved on custom easy, and quadrupled on extreme difficulty.
| Agency Comission
|Border of the Fogs**||$0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Quarter of the Outcasts||$62||$6||$5||$7||$25||$10||Free|
|Quarter of the Bull||$100||$10||Free||$12||$25||$10||$25|
*The Fiend Pen is empty until you have captured a fiend that has burst out of a slave. This kills the slave. **The Border of the Fogs slum has no access to a bathroom, kitchen or extensions, making hygiene & training difficult as well as lowering morale and personality. It's recommended to move ASAP.
There are additional rooms you can rent from the real estate office which allow various actions to be taken.
- Dungeon - Can be used to store an additional slave that isn't being trained. They still must be fed and this will not improve their mood (increases obedience?). Having this also unlocks torturing equipment and allows you to use a hot iron to brand your slaves. Also unlocks Spider and Sea Tentacle sex training (in Jack HF).
- Boudoir - Spare room for your slave to sleep in. Increases her mood.
- Laboratory - Allows you to personally train alchemists and hire a tutor instead of sending the slave off to school, also allows you to brew potions.
- Fiend pit - Lets you capture and milk a feed for cheap slave food. See: Fiend
- Barn (Jack HF) - After modifying slaves at the Medical Center, you can put a Cow (permanent lactation) and a Chicken (oviparity) in your barn, as well as a Pig (just for meat) and a Farmhand (Intellect) to look after them. Also unlocks sex with Pig.
- Farmhand: Nurse, Secretary: A+. Slave must be devoted.
- Cow: modification: permanent lactation. Pet skill: S+.
- Chicken: modification: oviparity. Pet skill: S+.
- Pig: pet skill: S+. Low intellect: Retarded or Stupid.
- Rank: it seems it doesn't matter, as long as they comply to the requirements.
- Mindbroken: the slave must be either Pet S+, or in mindbroken state to become a pet.
- Maximized stamina: it influences the cows' milk & cream gain, and the harpies number of eggs. This can be increased after becoming a pet.
- Breast size: it influences the cows' milk & cream gain; the harpies' number of eggs; and the mince meat gained from the slaughtered pig. For cows, this is increased by milking.
- Milf age: for cows and harpies, age increases the output of milk & cream, plus the harpies number of eggs. The older the better (aim for milf age).
- Loli or Young age: if you slaughter the pig if it's loli, or it's young AND virgin, it will provide you virgin's meat.
The farmhand can be instructed to overfeed the pets. If overfed, slaves will gain weight, and with that the amount of milk, eggs, etc. can be increased as well. Please note that pigs are automatically overfed.
The farmhand can be also instructed to automatically slaughter / butcher the pigs when it's the best time for them for meat. Once that's done, you will need a purchase new pig to your barn. You can also have sex with your pig, but I wasn't able to test this so I will update this section when I have more information.
Worth mentioning: there are slaves which has the "Pet Prodigy" trait. This trait makes them to learn the Pet skill (maybe Horse as well?) much faster than they normally do (based on my experience, 2-3x faster). It's hard to find these slaves, but you may be lucky to purchase one from the auction. Because of this trait, not only they will learn faster, but be happy to learn being a Pet.
Also, does the rank of the slave matter? I'm not sure yet, I'm testing this. Theoretically, it should not, but I will look into the code of the game soon to see if it does (and do some tests as well).
In addition, each section of the home and it's rented extensions interior design can be customised to various styles for a one time fee. This is not simply a visual difference: "premium" decor will positively affect slaver's mood and personality, while "budget" decor will not.